TTR500 Series Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)
TTR500 Series Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)
A Vector Network Analyzer (VNA) is an electrical test instrument that uses a known Continuous Wave (CW) signal to measure the magnitude and phase response of Radio Frequency (RF) and microwave components, systems, and sub-systems in both design and manufacturing applications. It is an important test instrument that helps make wireless devices possible.
The Tektronix TTR500 Series 2-port, 2-path vector network analyzer gives RF design and validation engineers, education professionals, and manufacturing organizations the ability to accelerate their time-to-market by reducing prototype iterations and making everyday measurements with accuracy and confidence.
Benchtop performance at a surprising price
The TTR500 Series rivals the leading benchtop competition, at 40% lower price! It delivers better RF performance on key parameters like dynamic range and includes a built-in Bias Tee you may have paid extra for in the past. The new TTR500 Series VNA gives you all the capability and performance you need in a 6 GHz 2-port VNA at a price you can afford. Why settle for less?
- Frequency Range: 100 kHz up to 6 GHz
- Dynamic Range: Greater than 122 dB
- Trace Noise: Less than 0.008 dBrms
- Output Power: -50 to +7 dBm
Smart innovations, reduced cost and size
The TTR500 Series VNA tightly integrates six RF receivers and two RF sources into a proprietary ASIC. With its innovative architecture and patented technology, the TTR500 Series VNA achieves the same level of performance as a benchtop VNA, but at 40 percent lower cost and one-seventh the size and weight of units with comparable performance.
- Integrating RF capabilities into the ASIC provides higher reliability
- 13 watt power draw means no noisy fan, low energy consumption
- Patented DSP for dynamic range improvement
- 3-year standard warranty
Learning curve? There is none
It's simple. Our industry-standard interface allows you to spend less time getting up to speed, so you'll have more time to test your design. The VectorVu-PC software delivers a traditional look and feel for controlling and calibrating the instrument with any Windows PC or laptop. For automated test systems, programmatic support is offered for common legacy VNAs for easy integration into existing test systems.
- Run VectorVu-PC in offline mode to analyze stored data
- Output file format compatible with common EDA simulation tools
- SCPI command compatible with common legacy VNA
Have your own Vector Network Analyzer
Gone are the days of having to roll around a shared VNA. The TTR500's small, compact form factor and low price enables your company to have one on every engineer’s bench, improving efficiency and uptime. In education, an affordable vector network analyzer allows more students to get hands-on time with standard industry test instrumentation.
- No need to rent or borrow VNAs, adding time and expense to projects
- Small enough to slip into a briefcase or desk drawer
- Share VNA displays, teach new concepts and review progress over PC networks
- PC-based architecture (USB 2.0) provides convenient accessibility to your captured data
The next USB instrument, from the company that knows it best
Building on the success of our real-time USB spectrum analyzers, we’ve brought the same innovation and trusted form factor to the TTR500 Series VNA. The USB link separates measurement acquisition from analysis, providing a variety of benefits.
- Upgrade quickly to the latest computer technology by simply replacing the PC
- Choose the best display size for your application: tablet, laptop or external monitor
- Use your own personal copy of VectorVu-PC, and keep your presets, file structure, and other settings just as you like them
- Convenient file sharing using standard Windows networking for applications such as EDA tools
- Improved reliability by removing common source failures – displays, control knobs, and processors
|Rohde & Schwarz|
|Frequency Range||100 kHz - 3.0 GHz||100 kHz - 3.0 GHz||1 MHz - 8.0 GHz||9 kHz - 6.0 GHz|
|100 kHz – 6.0 GHz||100 kHz - 6.5 GHz|
|Dynamic Range (dB)||>122||117||100||> 115|
|Trace Noise (dBrms)||< 0.008||0.005||0.006||< 0.005|
|Output Power||-50 to +7 dBm||-20 to 0 dBm||-20 to -3 dBm||-50 to 0 dBm|
|Bias Tee (internal)||Yes||No||No||No|
RF Component Troubleshooting and Design Validation
Those who design, build, and manufacture RF components such as filters, cables, mixers, connectors, antennas, amplifiers and attenuators, need a powerful VNA to validate and troubleshoot to highly precise specifications. The TTR500 VNA is capable of fully characterizing the performance of both passive and active RF components up to 6 GHz, with more than 122 dB of dynamic range.
- 100 kHz to 3/6 GHz frequency range
- More than 122 dB dynamic range
- Measure both passive and active components
- Built-in bias tee included standard
Antenna Matching and Tuning
Minimize costly signal reflections by testing for impedance mismatches or discontinuities in your system. The TTR500 VNA is capable of measuring all four 2-port 2-path S-parameters in SWR, and complex impedance format. With its recognizable user interface, you can easily click, drag, couple, or decouple markers to smith charts or other traces, for easily analyzing measurements.
- Measure full 2-port S-parameters in SWR and impedance formats
- Smith chart markers in impedance, admittance, phase, real, imaginary
- Click, drag, couple or decouple markers for analyzing measurments
Ideal for Education
Don’t let the small form-factor fool you. Designed with a robust, industry-standard user interface, more than 122 dB dynamic range, and up to 6 GHz frequency range, the TTR500 VNA is the perfect instrument for preparing the next class of engineers. And with its extremely affordable price, more students can have hands-on time with a real-world instrument.
- Full suite of 2-port 2-path VNA capabilities
- Industry-standard and recognizable user interface
- Import/export S-parameters in Touchstone (sNp.) file format
- An offline mode well suited for out-of-lab assignments
VectorVu-PC software brings benchtop features to the TTR500 series VNA.
The TTR500 series operates with VectorVu-PC, a powerful program that is the basis of Tektronix vector network analyzers. The software controls the vector network analyzers acquisition and updates measurement displays continuously, at the direction of the user.
VectorVu-PC (available as a free download) features an industry-standard interface that minimizes the learning curve so you have more time to test your device under test.
- Traditional VNA look-and-feel and features for controlling and calibrating the instrument, all conveniently from the user’s Windows PC or tablet.
- Optimized for touchscreen
- Programmable in C/C++/C#, Python, MATLAB, LabView, and more via a SCPI programming interface, compatible with common legacy VNAs.
- LabView driver available
Complete line of affordably priced accessories
Tektronix offers a variety of robust accessories to simplify your shopping for the complete VNA solution. Accessories available include a rugged carrying case, rack mount kits, rugged phased-stable cables, attenuators, adapters and calibration kits.
- Wide variety of calibration kits
- Rugged, phase stable cables in a variety of sizes and types
- Adapters, coaxial, 50 Ohm with a variety of connector sizes and types
|Introduction to Vector Network Analyzers Basics|
VNA BasicsThis paper discusses why VNAs are used and how they are unique compared to other RF test equipment
Literature number: 70W_60918_0
|Primer||15 Oct 2018|
|Vector Network Analyzer Fundamentals|
Poster that shows types of measurement errors, Basic VNA operation, Smith chart basics, Common S-parameter names, VNA calibration methods and more.
Literature number: 61077-0
|Poster||15 Oct 2018|
|What is a Vector Network Analyzer and how does it work?|
What is a Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)? Vector Network Analyzers are used to test component specifications and verify design simulations to make sure systems and their components work properly together.
|Primer||03 Oct 2018|
|TTR500A Series Custom Calibration Kit|
You can use a custom calibration kit as long as you know the calibration standards.You can create a calibration kit in VectorVu by following the steps below: You add a calibration kit to the VNA by selecting an empty kit and modifying it. You can also use…
|FAQ ID: 724046||28 Sep 2018|
Yes, calibration needs to be done on the TTR500A series before use. Before making measurements with a VNA, you calibrate the VNA to reduce errors that can affect measurements. When you calibrate a VNA, you perform a mathematical correction to the…
|FAQ ID: 724036||28 Sep 2018|
|Does the TTR500A series have De-Embedding Capability|
The TTR500A does not have built in de-embedding capability, however the user could save .SNP files and post process the data in order to de-embed the DUT.
|FAQ ID: 724031||28 Sep 2018|
|Does the TTR500A series have port extension capability.|
The TTR500A series does support port extensions. An online tutorial on how to perform the port extension is shown in the below link. How to Perform Port Extension
|FAQ ID: 724026||28 Sep 2018|
|Standard accessories that ship with TTR500A series:|
The Standard Accessories that ship with TTR500A series are: 071-3486-00 TTR500A Series Installation/Safety Manual 119-8763-01 Power Supply AC-DC, Desktop; 90-264VAC 47-63HZ, - Power Cord 174-…
|FAQ ID: 470711||01 May 2018|
|What are the differences between the TTR506A and TTR506A option LE?|
The primary differences between the TTR506A LE and TTR506A are the dynamic range is lower (> 110 dB vs. > 122 dB), the trace noise magnitude is higher (< 0.012 dB RMS vs. < 0.008 dB RMS) and the trace noise phase is higher (< 0.05 vs. <…
|FAQ ID: 467576||06 Mar 2018|
|VectorVu-PC Vector Network Analysis Software - CANDIDATE V1.2.4|
VectorVu-PC vector network analysis software is the analysis engine for the TTR500A Series VNAs, enabling you to: ● Perform live network analyses on your PC when connected to the TTR503A or TTR506A over USB2.0. ● Perform offline analyses of saved data and…
Part number: 066192402
|Vector Network Analyzers|
TTR500 Series Datasheet Legendary support and quality meets ease-of-use and affordability. The Tektronix TTR500 series 2-port, 2-path VNA is our latest breakthrough - an unmatched combination of measurement performance and convenience. Get the power to make everyday measurement…
Literature number: 70W-61132-0
This document provides information about controlling the TTR500 Series Vector Network Analyzers (VNAs) through a programmatic interface.
Part number: 077125700
This document contains instructions for assembling the TTR500RACK rackmount kit for installation of TTR500 Series Vector Network Analyzers into a standard 19-inch equipment rack.
Part number: 071349201
|Field Install Instructions|
|VectorVu-PC Vector Network Analysis Software - V1.0.3|
Part number: 066191600
|VectorVu-PC Vector Network Analysis Software - CANDIDATE V1.0.5|
Part number: 066192401