TTR500 Series Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)
TTR500 Series Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)
Legendary support and quality meet ease-of-use and affordability. The Tektronix TTR500 Series 2-port, 2-path vector network analyzer is our latest breakthrough – an unmatched combination of measurement performance and convenience at 40% lower price than leading benchtop alternatives!
Get the power to make everyday measurements with the accuracy and confidence you expect from Tektronix, without breaking your budget.
Benchtop performance at a surprising price
The TTR500 Series rivals the leading benchtop competition, at 40% lower price! It delivers better RF performance on key parameters like dynamic range and includes a built-in Bias Tee you may have paid extra for in the past. The new TTR500 Series VNA gives you all the capability and performance you need in a 6 GHz 2-port VNA at a price you can afford. Why settle for less?
- Frequency Range: 100 kHz up to 6 GHz
- Dynamic Range: Greater than 122 dB
- Trace Noise: Less than 0.008 dBrms
- Output Power: -50 to +7 dBm
Smart innovations, reduced cost and size
The TTR500 Series VNA tightly integrates six RF receivers and two RF sources into a proprietary ASIC. With its innovative architecture and patented technology, the TTR500 Series VNA achieves the same level of performance as a benchtop VNA, but at 40 percent lower cost and one-seventh the size and weight of units with comparable performance.
- Integrating RF capabilities into the ASIC provides higher reliability
- 13 watt power draw means no noisy fan, low energy consumption
- Patented DSP for dynamic range improvement
- 3-year standard warranty
Learning curve? There is none
It's simple. Our industry-standard interface allows you to spend less time getting up to speed, so you'll have more time to test your design. The VectorVu-PC software delivers a traditional look and feel for controlling and calibrating the instrument with any Windows PC or laptop. For automated test systems, programmatic support is offered for common legacy VNAs for easy integration into existing test systems.
- Run VectorVu-PC in offline mode to analyze stored data
- Output file format compatible with common EDA simulation tools
- SCPI command compatible with common legacy VNA
Have your own Vector Network Analyzer
Gone are the days of having to roll around a shared VNA. The TTR500's small, compact form factor and low price enables your company to have one on every engineer’s bench, improving efficiency and uptime. In education, an affordable vector network analyzer allows more students to get hands-on time with standard industry test instrumentation.
- No need to rent or borrow VNAs, adding time and expense to projects
- Small enough to slip into a briefcase or desk drawer
- Share VNA displays, teach new concepts and review progress over PC networks
- PC-based architecture (USB 2.0) provides convenient accessibility to your captured data
The next USB instrument, from the company that knows it best
Building on the success of our real-time USB spectrum analyzers, we’ve brought the same innovation and trusted form factor to the TTR500 Series VNA. The USB link separates measurement acquisition from analysis, providing a variety of benefits.
- Upgrade quickly to the latest computer technology by simply replacing the PC
- Choose the best display size for your application: tablet, laptop or external monitor
- Use your own personal copy of VectorVu-PC, and keep your presets, file structure, and other settings just as you like them
- Convenient file sharing using standard Windows networking for applications such as EDA tools
- Improved reliability by removing common source failures – displays, control knobs, and processors
|Rohde & Schwarz|
|Frequency Range||100 kHz - 3.0 GHz||100 kHz - 3.0 GHz||1 MHz - 8.0 GHz||9 kHz - 6.0 GHz|
|100 kHz – 6.0 GHz||100 kHz - 6.5 GHz|
|Dynamic Range (dB)||>122||117||100||> 115|
|Trace Noise (dBrms)||< 0.008||0.005||0.006||< 0.005|
|Output Power||-50 to +7 dBm||-20 to 0 dBm||-20 to -3 dBm||-50 to 0 dBm|
|Bias Tee (internal)||Yes||No||No||No|
RF Component Troubleshooting and Design Validation
Those who design, build, and manufacture RF components such as filters, cables, mixers, connectors, antennas, amplifiers and attenuators, need a powerful VNA to validate and troubleshoot to highly precise specifications. The TTR500 VNA is capable of fully characterizing the performance of both passive and active RF components up to 6 GHz, with more than 122 dB of dynamic range.
- 100 kHz to 3/6 GHz frequency range
- More than 122 dB dynamic range
- Measure both passive and active components
- Built-in bias tee included standard
Antenna Matching and Tuning
Minimize costly signal reflections by testing for impedance mismatches or discontinuities in your system. The TTR500 VNA is capable of measuring all four 2-port 2-path S-parameters in SWR, and complex impedance format. With its recognizable user interface, you can easily click, drag, couple, or decouple markers to smith charts or other traces, for easily analyzing measurements.
- Measure full 2-port S-parameters in SWR and impedance formats
- Smith chart markers in impedance, admittance, phase, real, imaginary
- Click, drag, couple or decouple markers for analyzing measurments
Ideal for Education
Don’t let the small form-factor fool you. Designed with a robust, industry-standard user interface, more than 122 dB dynamic range, and up to 6 GHz frequency range, the TTR500 VNA is the perfect instrument for preparing the next class of engineers. And with its extremely affordable price, more students can have hands-on time with a real-world instrument.
- Full suite of 2-port 2-path VNA capabilities
- Industry-standard and recognizable user interface
- Import/export S-parameters in Touchstone (sNp.) file format
- An offline mode well suited for out-of-lab assignments
Complete line of affordably priced accessories
Tektronix offers a variety of robust accessories to simplify your shopping for the complete VNA solution. Accessories available include a rugged carrying case, rack mount kits, rugged phased-stable cables, attenuators, adapters and calibration kits.
- Wide variety of calibration kits
- Rugged, phase stable cables in a variety of sizes and types
- Adapters, coaxial, 50 Ohm with a variety of connector sizes and types
This document provides information about controlling the TTR500 Series Vector Network Analyzers (VNAs) through a programmatic interface.
Part number: 077125700
|Programmer||28 Aug 2017|
This document contains instructions for assembling the TTR500RACK rackmount kit for installation of TTR500 Series Vector Network Analyzers into a standard 19-inch equipment rack.
Part number: 071349201
|Field Install Instructions||28 Aug 2017|
|VectorVu-PC Vector Network Analysis Software - V1.0.3|
Part number: 066191600
|Application||08 Aug 2017|
|VectorVu-PC Vector Network Analysis Software - CANDIDATE V1.0.5|
Part number: 066192401
|Application||30 Jun 2017|
|VNA Competitive Comparison|
Literature number: 70W-61150-0
|Competitive||14 Jun 2017|
|Vector Network Analyzers|
TTR500 Series Datasheet
Legendary support and quality meets ease-of-use and affordability. The Tektronix TTR500 series 2-port, 2-path VNA is our latest breakthrough - an unmatched combination of measurement performance and convenience. Get the power to make everyday…
|Datasheet||11 Jun 2017|
|VectorVu-PC Vector Network Analysis Software - CANDIDATE V1.0.4|
Part number: 066192400
|Application||30 May 2017|
|Introduction to Vector Network Analyzers Basics|
This paper discusses why VNAs are used and how they are unique compared to other RF test equipment
Literature number: 70W_60918_0
|Primer||11 May 2017|
|Vector Network Analyzer Fundamentals|
Poster that shows types of measurement errors, Basic VNA operation, Smith chart basics, Common S-parameter names, VNA calibration methods and more.
Literature number: 61077-0
|Poster||28 Apr 2017|
|Performance, size, reliability, affordability. Choose four. White Paper.|
The TTR500A Series VNA includes an impressive array of technological and patented advances that allow it to bend many of the traditional trade-offs between RF performance, size, reliability, and cost.
Literature number: 70W-61151-0
|Whitepaper||26 Apr 2017|