Strengthening products by simulating the natural environment
Tektronix offers a broad range of environmental testing which consists of simulating natural environments such as temperature, humidity and vibration, to ensure our customers' products will operate in their intended environment. For decades, customers have counted on us for an exceptional breadth of environmental testing services and for the precision, rigor and responsive service that have become hallmarks of Tektronix testing services.
Environmental testing gives our clients the competitive advantage by insuring their products are able to withstand the elements of their intended environment. Doing environmental testing in our controlled laboratory environment is that the testing is done exactly the same way each time eliminating any uncertainty after a product has been redesigned due to failures during a prior test.
Why should you do environmental testing?
Completing environmental testing during the manufacturing process:
- Ensures that your product meets consumer expectations and industry guidelines
- Identifies design flaws and establishes the range of temperatures in which a product will reliably operate
- Allows for an estimated product life expectancy
- Is required of most manufacturers in the military and aerospace industries
Types of Environmental Testing
- Acceleration Hi / Lo G-levels
- HALT / HASS
- Temperature / Humidity
- Thermal Shock
- Dust / Water Ingress
- Shipment / Package Evaluation
- Hose Down / Leak
- Solar Simulation
- Wind / Rain
- Icing / Freezing Rain
- Temperature Cycle
- Salt Spray / Corrosive Environment / 502
- Shelf Life
- Rub Testing
- Corona Discharge / DWV
- Life Cycle
- Qualification Programs
- Enclosure Evaluation
- Explosive Atmosphere
Typical Environmental Testing Standards
- Many more!