Live Chat with Tek representatives
Tektronix Delivers Advanced 802.11 WLAN Test Solutions for Embedded Design Engineers
Upgrades to Mixed Domain Oscilloscope, Performance Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers and Analysis Software Ease Challenge of Integrating WLAN in Embedded Systems
BEAVERTON, Ore., Nov. 19, 2013 - Tektronix, Inc., a leading worldwide provider of test, measurement and monitoring instrumentation, today announced numerous new capabilities and upgrades to its mixed domain oscilloscope, performance oscilloscope, and spectrum analyzer families that give electrical engineers powerful - and affordable - tools for integrating 802.11 a/b/g/j/n/p/ac WLAN connectivity into their product designs. The new WLAN solutions address the growing demand toward integrating Wi-Fi in everything from home appliances to industrial equipment.
The new WLAN tools span several products that together provide the highest value, most convenient 802.11 a/b/g/j/n/p/ac test and debug solution on the market. In addition, Tektronix rolled out several significant enhancements across its portfolio of instruments and software solutions for wireless and RF test applications, including:
- Introduction of the MDO4000B Series featuring significantly improved spectrum analyzer performance, enabling it to be used for the hottest wireless applications areas spanning everything from medical and automotive to home appliances and consumer electronics and more. Tektronix offers the world's first and only mixed domain oscilloscope, capable of acquiring time-correlated analog, digital and RF signals in a single instrument (see separate press release).
- Introduction of RSA5000B instruments providing 165 MHz real-time capture bandwidth and class-leading minimum signal duration for 100% probability of intercept. This higher bandwidth is required for testing many applications, including high-performance 802.11ac signals (see separate press release).
- New options for SignalVu-PC software including a live link to the MDO4000B series and support for 802.11 a/b/g/j/n/p/ac transmitter measurements.
- New options for RSA5000B, RSA6000 and SPECMON spectrum analyzers that add 802.11a/b/g/n/ac transmitter measurements.
- SignalVu options for WLAN support on Tektronix MSO/DPO70000 Series and DPO7000 Series oscilloscopes.
These new introductions give Tektronix the industry's only mixed-domain WLAN test solution. Engineers universally use oscilloscopes to debug analog and digital circuits in their embedded designs but may have limited or no experience with WLAN and RF test equipment. With the MDO4000B engineers can turn to a single tool to validate and debug complex components and system level issues that is familiar, easy to use and available at a much lower price point than using multiple instruments.
"With the emergence of the "Internet of things," more and more products are incorporating WLAN and they all need to pass compliance tests," said Jim McGillivary, general manager, Source Analyzer Product Line, Tektronix. "There is a huge market need for better WLAN test solutions across all phases of the product lifecycle. We are meeting this need with better usability at about half the cost of alternatives."
One example of how Tektronix is helping to lower costs is with the live link between the MDO4000B and SignalVu-PC. Rather than having to use a separate piece of specialized equipment, engineers can turn the MDO4000B into a vector signal analyzer with a complete set of pulse, spectral and modulation measurements and displays. The live update feature provides continuously updating measurements with no manual intervention. This solution also provides industry leading capture bandwidth (minimum of 1GHz) with excellent signal quality while WLAN measurement presets makes initial instrument setup faster and simpler.
Availability & Pricing
Tektronix WLAN test solutions are available now globally. A transmitter analysis system for 802.11a/b/g signals, including the MDO4000B and SignalVu-PC, is available for a starting price of $19370 US MSRP. The starting price for the 802.11 a/b/g/j/n/p/ac transmitter analysis system is $39,190 US MSRP.
For more than sixty-five years, engineers have turned to Tektronix for test, measurement and monitoring solutions to solve design challenges, improve productivity and dramatically reduce time to market. Tektronix is a leading supplier of test equipment for engineers focused on electronic design, manufacturing, and advanced technology development. Headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, Tektronix serves customers worldwide and offers award-winning service and support. Stay on the leading edge at www.tektronix.com.