Live Chat with Tek representatives
MTS400 Series MPEG Analysis Tools
Features & Benefits
- Create Object Carousel Contents within an Output Transport Stream
- Select between MPEG-2 DSM-CC, DVB, DTT (MHEG-5), and MHP Standards
- Wizard to Help Guide through Steps in Stream Generation
- Built-in Multiplexer for Easy Video and Audio Insertion
- Variable Delivery Weightings to Optimize Carousel Load Times
- Generates All Required SI Tables for Terrestrial, Satellite, and Cable Applications
- Integrates with the Tektronix Carousel Analyzer for Load Time Optimization
The Carousel Generator product is used for creating object carousel contents within an output Transport Stream. This is particularly useful in test situations where the effects of varying parameters, such as individual repetition intervals, may be quickly ascertained. The generator will create object carousels conforming to the MPEG-2 DSM-CC, DVB, DTT (MHEG-5), or MHP standards.
Operation and Main Views
During a Carousel Generator session, data objects are assembled into one or more carousels. Video and audio content may also be added. Mandatory SI tables are added automatically. The structure of the carousel may be saved in XML format for further editing in another session. The end result of a session is the creation of a Transport Stream file.
Three main views of the assembled stream are available: Carousels, Collections, and Programs. Each view displays aspects of the stream from a single perspective.
- The Carousels View lists the carousels and the associated objects that are included in the session.
- Objects associated with a carousel can be grouped together in Collections. The properties of each collection can be adjusted to give the most efficient delivery in the transport stream.
- The Program session window displays the contents of the stream from the Program or Service prospective. This provides access to the signalling information (SI).
Properties and Log Views
The Properties View provides an immediate view of the parameters and values associated with the selected node in the Carousels and Collections views.
A Log View displays errors and warnings as the carousel building and stream generation progresses.
The Carousel Wizard makes the process of creating a single carousel easier. The carousel is added to the current session. The final step of the wizard allows a Transport Stream to be created using the information in the current session. Default parameters are provided at all stages of the wizard, but the user may change them either in the wizard screens or subsequently in the various Property views.
Standalone Software System Requirements (MTS4SA)
- PC with Genuine Intel Pentium class 1.2 GHz processor
- Intel or 100% compatible motherboard chipset
- Windows 2000 or Windows XP Operating System
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or above
- 256 MB of RAM
- 50 MB of available hard disk space for the application and documentation
- Additional space will be required for generated transport streams
- SVGA (800 × 600) resolution video adapter and monitor (XVGA (1024 × 768) or higher resolution recommended)
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
This application is available on MTS400 Series analyzer instruments, as MTS4SA standalone software, and on MTX/RTX Series generator instruments.
Please contact your local Service Manager for information regarding our products and services, or contact us at: www.tektronix.com/serviceandsupportcontactus