Tektronix provides comprehensive Tx & Rx testing support for 100G standards along with testing guidance for both NRZ and PAM4 signaling as well as Complex Coherent Modulation formats. Tektronix Test Instrumentation will get your team ready to tackle the next wave of datacom technologies.
- DPO70000SX Series Real Time Oscilloscopes offer the ability to efficiently prove-out your technology advances and rapidly de-bug and validate 100G electrical technology standards. Clarify your 100G design's performance with an industry-low noise floor and high sample rate.
- NEW! With the DPO7OE1 Optical Probe for the MSO/DPO70000 scopes you can easily troubleshoot your optical devices by adding powerful debug capabilities: software clock recovery for PAM4 and NRZ, triggering, error detection, and capture time correlated or contiguous acquisition of a signal.
- DSA8300 Series Sampling Oscilloscopes are suitable for accurate characterization of optical transmitter performance for major single-mode optical standards using industry leading built-in optical reference receivers with very low OSNR.
- NEW! The 80C17 and 80C18 Optical Modules for the DSA8300 provide the industry's highest mask test sensitivity and lowest optical noise along with new features that increase production capacity and improve yield for current 100G designs moving into production.
- CR286A Clock recovery instruments support most 100Gbp/s standards and work in concert with the Tektronix Sampling Scopes and BERT’s to deliver a stable clock for accurate timing measurement analysis.
- BERTScope BSA Series Bit Error Rate Testers provide long pattern generation of PRBS signals along with very accurate BER measurement results and deep, root-cause analysis.
PAM4 in 400G, 200G, 100G, 50G Networking Technology Poster
Download this PAM4 poster and easily reference key measurements for electrical and optical signals to gain insight into signal impairments, better understand TDECQ and SNDR and how to successfully measure, and get the latest IEEE and OIF-CEI PAM4 standards overview.
NEW! 100G Link Training Tool for Debugging Datacenter Technologies
Watch this short video for an overview of the new Link Training Tool, part of the expanded analysis software for Tektronix DPO70000SX oscilloscopes. Link Training helps engineers to verify complex 100G datacenter interconnects and quickly pinpoint problems when links fail to train.
Physical Layer Tests of 100 Gb/s Communications SystemsDownload »
|100G/400G Datacom Transmitter Measurements: Determining Proper Measurement Tools for 100G/400G Datacom Testing|
This application note walks through a number of common misconceptions and key considerations to help you select the proper scope technology (RTO vs. ETO) for your needs.
|Extinction Ratio (ER) Calibrated White Paper|
This white paper explains some of the benefits of highly accurate ER measurements in both 10 GbE (Ethernet), with its relatively low ER requirement, and in SONET/SDH, and the methodology that supports consistent, accurate ER result.
|Physical Layer Tests of 100 Gb/s Communications Systems|
Learn how to prepare for compliance measurements on 100G standards.
|Bridging the Gap Between BER and Eye Diagrams — A BER Contour Tutorial|
Introduction to the BER Contour measurement.
|Clock Recovery Primer, Part 1|
Look at clock recovery from a practical point of view, Part 1.
|32 Gbit/s QPSK Transmission at 385 GHzLearn more about a world record breaking wireless system capable of transmitting data at 400 GHz (0.4 THz) using advanced signal coding (up to QAM-16) and key advanced THz devices in this whitepaper.|
|Semtech Turns to Tektronix DSA8300 Sampling Scope to Characterize New 25-28 Gb/s CDR DevicesThis customer case study illustrates the benefits that Tektronix DataCom test solutions deliver to characterize electrical performance of 100G technologies with the industry’s lowest intrinsic noise floor.|
|Practices for Measurements on 25 Gb/s Signaling|
Review of the measurement practices for the characterization and compliance test of the transmitter and receiver for 25+ Gb/s signaling in 100 G systems with oscilloscopes.
|Coherent Optical Signal Generation with High-Performance AWG|
Learn how instrument characteristics and performance level of the AWG70000 influence the ability to generate different modulation schemes and the way the instrument’s flexibility can be used to compensate for internal and external device imperfections and to emulate component and link distortions.
|Ultralow drive voltage silicon traveling-wave modulator Paper (Optical Society of America)|
In this paper from the Optical Society of America, the DSA8300 Series Oscilloscope is being used to verify operation of a broadband modulator with a drive voltage of 0.63 Vpp at 20 Gb/s.
|PAM4 Electrical Webinar|
This presentation will review PAM4 measurement methodologies and expand on emerging needs related to FFE reference equalization, clock recovery challenges, BER measurement needs as well as SNDR as it relates to multi-level signaling.
|Maximizing Margins for 4th Gen High Speed Serial Standards|
As data rates increase, the effect of cables and fixtures become a larger part of the overall measurement result. Gain insight into the issues and how to solve them for each step of the signal path from the device under test to the oscilloscope.
|Electrical Validation of the Type-C Interface|
The introduction of the Type-C interface, and its implementation across multiple high-demand serial standards, has created new challenges for developers. This webinar explores the latest updates to the Type-C specification, as they pertain to USB3.1, DisplayPort, and Thunderbolt standards, including Power Delivery.
|Practical 400G PAM4 Test Methods - Optical and Electrical Measurement|
The accelerated development of 400G Ethernet technology is driving new requirements through the test community as it relates to measuring PAM4 signals for optical and electrical systems. This presentation will review both of these two very different technology fronts and discuss practical elements of physical layer PAM4 testing ranging from 50mm based CEI-XSR specs to 10Km 400GBASE-LR8.
|NBASE-T and IEEE802.3bz Technology and Measurements|
The rapid growth of ever-more powerful mobile devices, and the adoption of new wireless technologies such as 802.11ac, has enterprise networks struggling to keep pace. An overview of NBASE-T and the emerging IEEE802.3bz standard, as well as key measurement challenges, will be presented in this webinar.
|New Technologies for Probing Low Power Circuits Webinar|
As designs for mobile devices and computers use lower power circuits in their design, validation testing and debug become more challenging.
|Characterizing Coherent Optical Systems Webinar|
Learn about the coherent modulation being considered for 400G networks, the key building blocks of a coherent test system, how to optimize measurement accuracy and the benefits of customizable analysis for non-standard testing.